Thursday, August 27, 2009

This is a portrait I've been working on for a really long time. Its dedicated to my father who passed away 2 years ago on the 28th of August 2007. He was only 53 years old.
He was in icu for 3 months with a cyst in his brain. After surgery he was fine. But slowly slipped back into a coma state. I got to tell him I love him. Its still difficult though. Not having him around. His personality ws always happy and friendly. Anyone that met him liked him straight away.
I love you dad.
I'll continue to work on this. As I keep learning new things. I hope you like him. He was modelled in maya and sculpted in zbrush. The render was done in mental ray. Hair is shave and a haircut. No compositing work done.

A higher res can be viewed here: http://www.vimeo.com/6296214

4 comments:

NickZ. said...

Great work Brett! I'm so sorry for your loss. I still miss my Grandfather, but I know that he is in better hands now smiling down at me!

Peace my brother!

NickZ. :)

Andrew Tsymbal said...

Very realistic model! I think you should continue this model and create whole model of your dad and create a favorite place of your dad and put this model right there! But it's just my opinion, whatever thanks for the really quality job. Looks awesome!

Andrew Tsymbal

Kelvin Tam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janice said...

Thanks ffor writing